Australian work visa or Australia work permit, a provisional Australian immigration service offered by the Australian government, allows a worker to migrate to Australia to fill a specific position in a particular company. Australia work permits are not intended as a route to settlement and applications for visas of this kind are designed to help Australian employers who are finding it difficult to fill positions with permanent residents or Australians.
For getting work permit in Australia you will have to fill up Australia work permit application and submit to the High Commission in your country. If the authority confirms that job offers may be filled by foreign candidates, applicants may request Australian working permits from Citizenship and Immigration Australia.
Applying for an Australia work permit makes provision to work in Australia without the need to undergo points based assessment. In Australia, skilled worker visas & Australian business visas need a point threshold to be met in order to qualify. Australian work permits allow you to work in the country; however, they are dependent upon a job offer from a sponsoring company.Working permits are fixed, though you can apply for an Australian visa for immigration of another type during your stay. While staying in Australia, immigration status can only be altered in this way so long as your permit is still valid. Australia work permit requirements are mentioned below:
- You have to satisfy that you would leave Australia upon completion of your employment in Australia.
- Be a law abiding & with no criminal track record.
- A proof of Police Clearance certificate would be necessary.
- You won't be a risk to the security of Australia.
- Remain in good health after submitting medical examination report.
- Offer any additional documents as required by the Citizenship & Immigration Australia.