Work PermitEnquire Now
Singapore Work Permit or Singapore work visa is a provisional document issued by Immigration & Checkpoints Authority which allows a worker to migrate to Singapore to fill a specific position in a particular company. Singapore work permits are not intended as a route to settlement and applications for visas of this kind are designed to help Singapore employers who are finding it difficult to fill positions with permanent residents or the citizens of Singapore.
For getting Singapore work permit you will have to fill up Singapore work permit application and submit to the High Commission in your country. If the authority of Singapore confirms that job offers may be filled by foreign candidates you will get the permission to work in Singapore. There are some exemptions of Singapore Work Permit, where Singapore work permit is not required. Some of them are mentioned here:
- Business visitors - Will not be allowed to enter the domestic labor market.
- Foreigners such as Diplomats & representatives of nations or the United Nations. Their family members may also work if they possess a "no objection letter" from the Department of Foreign affairs.
- News reporters - When reporting on events in the country.
- Public speakers - Where events are no longer than 5 days.
Applying for a Singapore work permit makes provision to work in Singapore without the need to undergo points based assessment. Singapore Work Permit offered in these categories - Employment Pass Visa, Personalized Employment Pass Visa and Training Employment Pass Visa. Singapore work permits allow you to work in the country; however, they are dependent upon a job offer from a sponsoring company.
Working permits are fixed, though you can apply for a Singapore visa for immigration of another type during your stay. While staying in Singapore, immigration status can only be altered in this way so long as your permit is still valid. Singapore work permit requirements are mentioned below:
- You have to satisfy that you would leave Singapore upon completion of your employment in Singapore.
- Be a law abiding & with no criminal track record.
- A proof of Police Clearance certificate would be necessary.
- You won't be a risk to the security of Singapore.
- Remain in good health after presenting medical examination report.
- Offer any additional documents as required by the authority.
Getting Work Permit Singapore takes some time. Normally, work permit Singapore processing time is one day to four weeks. Singapore work permit fee may vary from one type to another. Singapore work permit fee is $30 per issue.