UK Work PermitEnquire Now
There are presently several UK immigration groups (or types of "visa") which carry with them, or include, the right to work in the UK, for a limited or unlimited number of hours & for a limited or unlimited duration.Many schemes have now been replaced by a more compact Points Based System. Every class within the new system has its own criteria, purpose & requirements.
- Tier 1 : highly skilled workers
- Tier 2 : skilled workers with a job offer
- Tier 3 : low skilled workers filling particular temporary labor shortages
- Tier 4 : international students
- Tier 5 : youth mobility & temporary workers
UK work permit is intended to help the employers of UK who are finding it difficult to fill positions with permanent residents or citizens of UK. For getting UK work permit you will have to fill up UK work permit application and submit to the High Commission in your country. There are some exemptions of UK Work Permit, where work permit UK is not required. Some of them are mentioned here:
- Business visitors - Will not be allowed to enter the domestic labor market.
- Foreign representatives - Diplomats & representatives of nations or the United Nations. Their family members may also work if they possess a "no objection letter" from the Department of Foreign affairs.
- News reporters - When reporting on events in the country.
- Public speakers - Where events are no longer than 5 days.
Applying for a UK working permit makes provision to work in UK without the need to undergo points based assessment. In UK, skilled worker visas & UK business visas need a point threshold to be met in order to qualify. UK work permits allow you to work in the country; however, they are dependent upon a job offer from a sponsoring company. Working permits are fixed, though you can apply for a UK visa for immigration of another type during your stay. While staying in UK, immigration status can only be altered in this way so long as your permit is still valid.