Study Sponsor Your FamilyEnquire Now
Australian permanent residents living in Australia can sponsor their close relatives or family members who wish to become permanent residents of Australia. Sponsors must assure to support their relatives or family members for a period of 3 to 10 years to help them settle in Australia.
There are several rules & regulations for sponsoring a spouse to Australia, sponsorship Australia parents, sponsor your family to Australia etc. The relationship between the Sponsor & the Sponsored Person must be one of Spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner, Parents and Grandparents, dependent children, brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild who is orphaned, about 16 years of age & not married or in a common-law relationship, intended adopted child under 18 years of age.
The sponsored person must have a person, who is an Australian citizen or Australian Permanent Resident, must demonstrate the financial ability to provide the Family Sponsorship Immigrant and dependents with their essential needs, must be willing to enter into an agreement with the Government of Australia, and must have either Physical residency in Australia. There are certain relations and rules which are exempted from sponsorship to Canada. Some of them are mentioned below:
- you are under 16 years of age
- you (or your sponsor) were married to someone else at the time of your marriage
- you have lived apart from your sponsor for at least one year and either you (or your sponsor) are the common-law or conjugal partner of another person,
- your sponsor immigrated to Australia and, at the time they applied for Australia permanent residence, you were a family member who should have been examined to see if you meet immigration requirements, but you were not examined
- your sponsor formerly sponsored another spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, and three years have not passed since that person became a permanent resident.