Mangalayatan University
Mangalayatan University

Sponsor Your Family

Enquire Now

Canadian citizens and permanent residents living in Canada can sponsor their close relatives or family members who wish to become permanent residents of Canada.

Sponsors must promise to support their relatives or family members for a period of 3 to 10 years to help them settle in Canada. There are several rules & regulations for sponsoring a spouse to Canada, sponsorship Canada parents, sponsor your family to Canada etc.

The relationship between the Sponsor and the Sponsored Person (the Family Class Immigrant) must be one of Spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner, Parents and Grandparents, dependent children, brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild who is orphaned, under 18 yrs of age & not married or in a common-law relationship, intended adopted child under 18 years of age.

The sponsored person must have a person, who is a Canadian citizen or a Canadian Permanent Resident, must demonstrate the financial ability to provide the Family Sponsorship Immigrant and dependents with their essential needs, must be willing to enter into an agreement with the Government of Canada or Quebec, and must have either Physical residency in Canada. There are certain relations and rules which are exempted from sponsorship to Canada. Some of them are mentioned below:

  • you are under 16 years of age
  • you (or your sponsor) were married to someone else at the time of your marriage
  • you have lived apart from your sponsor for at least one year and either you (or your sponsor) are the common-law or conjugal partner of another person,
  • your sponsor immigrated to Canada and, at the time they applied for permanent residence, you were a family member who should have been examined to see if you met immigration requirements, but you were not examined
  • your sponsor previously sponsored another spouse, common-law partner or conjugal partner, and three years have not passed since that person became a permanent resident.