Canada Work PermitEnquire Now
A work permit for Canada or Canadian work visa is a provisional Canadian immigration service which allows a worker to migrate to Canada to fill a specific position in a particular company.
Canada work permits are not intended as a route to settlement and applications for visas of this kind are designed to help Canadian employers who are finding it difficult to fill positions with Canadian permanent residents or Canadian citizens.
For getting Canada work permit you will have to fill up Canada work permit application and submit to the High Commission in your country. If HRSDC confirms that job offers may be filled by foreign candidates, applicants may request Canadian working permits from Citizenship and Immigration Canada (CIC). There are some exemptions of Canada Work Permit, where Canada work permit is not required. Some of them are mentioned here:
- News reporters - When reporting on events in the country.
- Public speakers - Where events are no longer than 5 days.
- Business visitors - Will not be allowed to enter the domestic labor market.
- Foreign representatives - Diplomats & representatives of nations or the United Nations. Their family members may also work if they possess a "no objection letter" from the Department of Foreign affairs.
Applying for a Canadian working permit makes provision to work in Canada without the need to undergo points based assessment. In Canada, skilled worker visas & Canadian business visas need a point threshold to be met in order to qualify. Canadian work permits allow you to work in the country; however, they are dependent upon a job offer from a sponsoring company. Working permits are fixed, though you can apply for a Canadian visa for immigration of another type during your stay. While staying in Canada, immigration status can only be altered in this way so long as your permit is still valid. Canada work permit requirements are mentioned below:
- You have to satisfy that you would leave Canada upon completion of his employment in Canada.
- Be a law abiding & with no criminal track record.
- A proof of Police Clearance certificate would be necessary.
- You won't be a risk to the security of Canada.
- Remain in good health after submitting medical examination report.
- Offer any additional documents as required by the CHC