Sponsor Your FamilyEnquire Now
The living persons or citizens of Singapore can sponsor their close relatives, friends or family members wishing to be permanent residents of Singapore or coming to Singapore. Sponsors must assure to help their relatives or family members for a time span of 3 to 10 years to help them settle in Singapore.
There are various rules and regulations for sponsoring a spouse to Singapore, sponsorship Singapore parents, sponsor your family to Singapore etc. The relationship between the Sponsor & the Sponsored Person (the Family Class Immigrant) must be one of Spouse, common-law partner, conjugal partner, Parents & Grandparents, dependent children, brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild who is orphaned, under 18 years of age & not married or in a common-law relationship, intended adopted child under 18 years of age.
The sponsored person must have a person, who is a citizen of Singapore or a Singapore Permanent Resident, must demonstrate the financial ability to offer the Family Sponsorship Immigrant & dependents with their essential needs, must be willing to enter into an agreement with the Government of Singapore, and must have either Physical residency in Singapore. There are firm relations and rules which are exempted from sponsorship to Singapore. Some of them are mentioned below:
- you are under 16 years of age
- you (or your sponsor) were married to someone else at the time of your marriage
- you have lived apart from your sponsor for at least one year and either you (or your sponsor) are the common-law or conjugal partner of another person,
- your sponsor immigrated to Singapore and, at the time they applied for permanent residence, you were a family member who should have been examined to see if you met immigration requirements, but you were not examined
- Your sponsor previously sponsored common-law partner, another spouse / conjugal partner & three years have not passed since that person became a permanent resident.