Mangalayatan University
Mangalayatan University

Sponsor Your Family in USA

Enquire Now

The citizens or permanent residents living in USA can sponsor their close relatives or family members wishing to be permanent residents of USA or coming to USA.

Sponsors must promise to assist their relatives or family members for a period of 3 to 10 years to help them settle in USA.

There are several rules & regulations for sponsoring a spouse to USA, sponsorship USA parents, sponsor your family to USA etc. The relationship between the Sponsor & the Sponsored Person (the Family Class Immigrant) must be one of Spouse, common-law partner, or conjugal partner, Parents & Grandparents, dependent children, brother, sister, nephew, niece or grandchild who is orphaned, under 18 yrs of age & not married or in a common-law relationship, intended adopted child under 18 years of age.

The sponsored person must have a person, who is a citizen of USA or an USA Permanent Resident, must demonstrate the financial ability to provide the Family Sponsorship Immigrant and dependents with their essential needs, must be willing to enter into an agreement with the Government of USA, and must have either Physical residency in USA. There are certain relations and rules which are exempted from sponsorship to USA. Some of them are mentioned below:

  • you are under 16 years of age
  • you (or your sponsor) were married to someone else at the time of your marriage
  • you have lived apart from your sponsor for at least one year and either you (or your sponsor) are the common-law or conjugal partner of another person,
  • your sponsor immigrated to USA and, at the time they applied for permanent residence, you were a family member who should have been examined to see if you met immigration requirements, but you were not examined
  • your sponsor previously sponsored common-law partner, another spouse or conjugal partner, and three years have not passed since that person became a permanent resident.