Ph.D Admission 2021 - Research Entrance Test
The Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) is the highest academic degree granted by a university in India and countries abroad. This PhD degree is achieved after years of original and innovative research in the desired subject/field. Today, this top-notch research-based degree is available in almost all disciplines/subjects, both technical and non-technical in India and foreign countries worldwide. It is because of the fact that, today almost all businesses and professions have become rather refined, competitive, and visionary. Hence, PhD holders are essentially required in all economic fields to helm the business/service at top operational and managerial positions. Some of the most prominent posts attainable after doing a PhD in various disciplines are the following --- lecturers and professors, industry analysts and experts, consultants, R&D laboratory technicians and professionals, research & development scientists, directors and managers, CEO, and other positions under the top management.
Hence, the majority of Indian universities essentially offer PhD and MPhil programs in various fields/subjects through full-time and part-time modes, strictly under the provisions and regulations recommended by the UGC (University Grants Commission) of India. These universities belong to the broad categories of the Central Universities (like JNU, BHU, etc.), State Universities, and Private Universities. The section below, contains very useful information about the latest phd entrance exam 2020 conducted by some prestigious universities of India, to help the ambitious professionals, businesspersons, and scholars pertaining to various disciplines.
Today in India, phd admissions are taken (every year) as per the UGC (Minimum Standards and Procedure for Award of Ph.D./M.Phil. Degrees) (1st Amendment) Regulations, 2018. The general phd admission procedure involves a research entrance test and then an interview, both of which are conducted by the relevant university. The performance of a candidate gets 70% weightage in the research entrance exam, and the remaining 30% weightage is given by the interview/viva voce.
PhD Entrance Exam - Latest PhD Admission Notifications India 2021
As per the latest phd admission notifications 2021, many Indian universities will conduct their respective entrance test/admission in January 2021 or in the first quarter of the year 2021. Provided below are the phd admission dates of some famous universities of India, for informational help to the concerned candidates.
- Mangalayatan University (Aligarh) PhD Admissions 2020
The last date of receipt of the completed application form: 25th January 2021
The date of its research entrance test: 31st January 2021