Biomedical Engineering CoursesEnquire Now
Engineering with a variety of branches such as mechanical, electrical, civil electronics, etc., has been well-liked among students for a long time. However in the recent times Biomedical Engineering mingles the through knowledge of the principles of both medicine and engineering.
The biomedical engineers relate the concepts of biology, physics as well as chemistry to develop products and devices for diagnosis and treatment. The branch integrates Physical, Chemical, mathematical and computational sciences and engineering principles to study biology, medicine behavior and health. So the biomedical engineers have to work closely in association with healthcare professionals like doctors, nurses, therapists and technicians.
Prominent Biomedical Engineering Courses
Biomedical Engineering Courses are offered at bachelor and master degree levels. Prominent biomedical courses are:
- Bachelor of Engineering (BE) in Biomedical Engineering
- Master of Engineering (BE) in Biomedical Engineering
Colleges for Biomedical Engineering Courses
Institutes offering courses at different levels in the discipline of environmental sciences and engineering are:
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences, New Delhi. Website:www.aiims.ac.in
- Banaras Hindu University Institute of Technology Varanasi-221005, UttarPradesh Website: www.itbhu.ac.in
- Jadavpur University
- Jupiter Building, Raja Subodh Chandra Mullick Road, Kolkata-700032, West Bengal E-mail: email@example.com
- Dwarkadas J. Sanghvi College of Engineering Mumbai-400056, Maharashtra.
Scope after Biomedical Engineering Courses
Enormous job opportunities in varied spheres like medical equipments manufacturing, orthopedic and rehabilitation engineering, molecular, cellular and tissue engineering in public and in corporate sectors are available for the biomedical engineers in India. They can also be absorbed in hospitals to provide valuable advice on the status of medical equipments. Biomedical engineers can also employ themselves in research activities by working harmoniously with doctors in the field of computational mechanics, physiology, medicine and invent cutting - edge technology.