Metallurgy CoursesEnquire Now
Metallurgy is a the study of metals that deals in extracting metals from ores, alloying and getting the impurities of the metal and transform the metals to a more useful object. There are many colleges and universities offering metallurgy courses to students with an interest to make a career as a metallurgical engineer.
Metallurgy courses have gained immense popularity in the recent years and have now become one of the prominent types of courses chosen by the young generation. In India, these are the most technical sorts of courses being offered by engineering colleges and universities. This type of course studies not only deals in extraction of metals from ores but also deal with their properties and uses. Metallurgy is also known as the technology of how metals work and is commonly considered as an applied science.
Scope After Metallurgy Courses
A degree in metallurgy can be highly rewarding if you are interested to make a career as mining engineer. Mining engineers specialize in the mining of one mineral, such as coal, gold, mica etc. they may work in direct mineral processing departments or operations where they are responsible to separate minerals from dirt, rocks and other materials mixed with it. In India, metallurgical jobs are among the most coveted. Tata steel, steel authority of India (SAIL), Hindustan copper limited, Hindalco limited, and jindal steel are the major recruiters of students with a degree in metallurgical courses. The average salary at entry level of a professional can be around INR 15,000- INR 30,000. So, if you are planning to make a career as one of the professionals, then enrol in the best suited course as the technical skills and knowledge of metallurgy will help you become much informed and ready to enter this industry.
The prominent metallurgy courses are :
- B.Tech in metallurgical and materials engineering, 4 years
- B.E in metallurgical engineering, 4 years
- M.Tech in metallurgical engineering, 2 years
- B.E (Mining) design technology
- BE petrochemical
- B.Tech in mineral engg
- B.Tech in mining machinery
Colleges and institutes imparting education in metallurgy are :
- Benaras hindu university, Varanasi
- Indian institute of technology, Chennai
- Bengal engineering and science university, Howrah
- Bihar institute of technology, sindri PO
- Orissa regional engineering college
- Madhya Pradesh university
- Guru Ghasidas University, govt. engg. College, Bilaspur
- Golden valley institute of technology, Oorgaum
- Nagpur University, Chandrapur engineering college