Speech Therapy CoursesEnquire Now
The field of speech pathology is evolving rapidly with a growing number of job openings. Speech therapy is used for a person who suffers from severe speech problems characterized by stuttering and stammering. These problems in an individual are treated by speech therapist, categorized under the profession of doctors.
The future of speech therapy jobs seems to be positive because according to the bureau of labor statistics, there is an 11 percent increase in the number of speech language pathologists from 2006 to 2016. This is the average growth as expected in almost other occupations. According to the professionals and experts in the speech therapy field, there is an increasing demand of highly qualified speech therapist in every corner of the world which has ultimately increased the demand of speech therapy courses.
Prominent Speech Therapy Courses
Speech therapy courses have emerged as one of the lucrative fields of study. These courses were earlier not known by many but today, everyone is aware of the speech therapy problem and the need of speech therapist to help the nations people develop normally. If you are interested in a career as a speech therapist, you will probably have to obtain a degree in speech therapy. A master's degree is the minimum requirement to get employed as a speech therapist or pathology.
Scope After Speech Therapy Courses
Today, speech therapy courses are admired by one and all due to the enriching career opportunities it offers. The working professionals in this field are regarded with job titles like audiologist, program director, rehabilitation counselor, sign language interpreter, language specialist, linguist, speech pathologist etc.
Prominent speech therapy courses are :
- B.Sc. (Speech and Hearing)
- B.Sc. Audiology and Speech Rehabilitation (B.Sc. ASR)
- Bachelor of Speech Pathology and Audiology
- B.Sc. Hearing, Language and Speech
- Bachelor in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology (B.A.S.L.P)
- Diploma in Hearing, Language and Speech (DHLS)
- M.Sc. Hearing, Language and Speech
- M.Sc. Speech and Hearing
- Master in Audiology and Speech Language Pathology (M.A.S.L.P)
- Ph.D. Speech and Hearing
- Ph.D. Speech, Language Pathology
Colleges and institutes offering these courses are :
- All India Institute of Speech and Hearing, Mysore (Karnataka)
- All India Institute of Medical Sciences (A.I.I.M.S.), New Delhi (Delhi)
- Ali Yavar Jung National Institute for the Hearing Handicapped (A.Y.J.N.I.H.H.), Mumbai (Maharashtra)
- Christian Medical College, Vellore (Tamil Nadu)
- Indian Institute of Health Education and Research, Patna (Bihar)
- Post Graduate Institute of Medical Education and Research : College of Nursing, Chandigarh (Chandigarh)