Psychiatry CoursesEnquire Now
Psychiatry is a special field of health care that deals with the mental, emotional and behavioral disorders in a person. The specialty of a Psychiatrist is that he/she can differentiate between a mentally healthy person and a mentally sick person.
According to Psychiatrists, mental and psychosomatic problems arise in patients with various surgical, medical and gynecological cases. Today, with the increase in the demand of Psychiatrists in the industry, the Psychiatry courses have also gained importance and wide popularity. Students, nowadays pay great attention towards their career and field of study they choose for a secure future ahead.
Prominent Psychiatry Courses
Psychiatrists specialize in mental health and help the patient recover back to the normal state of mind. Many misconceptions have been made about the work profile of psychologist and Psychiatrist but the study of Psychiatry and psychology is entirely different from each other. The career path to become a Psychiatrist is comparatively long and will require diligence and time.
Scope After Psychiatry Courses
Psychiatry courses are among one of the popular courses in demand among students of the new generation not only because they want to obtain a degree in a field that is interesting, lets them help humanity but also because job opportunities for Psychiatrists in india are immense. Professionals in Psychiatry may work in rehabilitation centers to rehabilitate drug addicts, dipsomaniacs and others. They may also work with other occupational therapies, social workers, may get appointed in private hospitals, clinics and health institutes. The minimum salary ranges between Rs. 15,000- Rs. 20,000 per month while in private hospitals; the pay scale is slightly higher than that of government organizations.
Some of the prominent Psychiatry courses are listed under :
- B.A. (Hons) Psychology
- B.A. Applied Psychology
- B.A. Psychology
- B.Sc. Psychology
- Integrated M.Phil-Ph.D in Psychology
- M.A. Psychology
- M.Phil. Psychology
- M.Phil. Rehabilitation Psychology
- M.Sc. Clinical Psychology
- M.Sc. Counselling and Psychotherapy
- M.Sc. Holistic Psychology
- M.Sc. Psychology
- Ph.D. Clinical Psychology
- Ph.D. Psychology
- Post Doc. in Psychology
- Post Graduate Diploma in CAH Psychology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Child Psychology care and Management
- Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical and Community psychology(CCP)
- Post Graduate Diploma in Counseling Psychology
- Post Graduate Diploma in Human Resource Development (HRD) Psychology
Colleges and institutes offering theses courses are :
- Acharya Nagarjuna University , Guntur (Andhra Pradesh)
- Abhyudaya Degree College, Bangalore (Karnataka)
- Bangalore University, Bangalore (Karnataka)
- The college of Psychiatry of Ireland
- Gujarat University, Ahmedabad (Gujarat)
- Gurunanak Dev University, Amritsar (Punjab)
- Institute for Psychotherapy And Management Sciences, Mumbai.
- Jamia Millia Islamia, New Delhi (Delhi)