Horticulture CoursesEnquire Now
Academic courses are classified under various categories and industry types. Horticulture courses are widely gaining popularity all over the world. It is basically the science involved with breeding and cultivating plants.
It is highly rewarding and lucrative career options for students looking forward to study the disciplines of plant propagation and cultivation, crop production, plant breeding and engineering, biochemistry of plants and plant physiology. When it comes to career, horticulture courses is a favorable option not only in terms of the average income that they make but also in terms of position and fame that they earn after years of experience as a horticulturist. There are plenty of colleges offering the different types of horticulture courses in both graduate as well as postgraduate levels.
Scope After Horticulture Courses
Horticulture courses are increasingly becoming a popular choice among students. In this field, horticulturist work to upgrade crop yield, quality, nutritional value and plants resistance to diseases, insects and environmental stresses. Horticulture is the branch of science that deals with cultivation of plants. Becoming a horticulturist is easy only if you posses a major in horticulture courses. To be a horticulturist, you need to have a good knowledge in chemistry, botany, soil types, written and oral communication, plant pests and diseases. The job opportunities after horticulture courses can be in production, landscape design, installation, marketing, research, pest management, industry services and growing horticultural crops, inspection and communication. There is a very favorable scope after horticulture courses because the job market has expanded and the number of environmental issues have also increased due to which the demand of horticulturalist has also increased.
Some of the prominent horticulture courses are :
- Basic Plant Science Course
- Plant Propagation Course
- Pest Management Course
- M.S.c agriculture
- M.S.c horticulture
- PG diploma in horticulture and floriculture,
- Diploma course in greenhouse cut flower production
- Diploma in Horticulture Nursery Management
- Diploma course in Greenhouse Vegetable Production.
- Nursery and Greenhouse Production Course
- Diploma course in training on advances in vegetable cultivation with special emphasis on protected cultivation.
Colleges and schools offering the different types of horticulture courses are :
- College of Agriculture Dapoli, Ratnagiri
- College of Agriculture, Murtizapur Road, Krishnagar, Akola
- College of Agriculture, Pune
- College of Horticulture, Vallanikara, Kerala
- Shri Venkateshwara Univ., Tirupathi
- College of Agriculture, Hebbal, Bangalore
- Aligarh Muslim University, Aligarh
- Dr. BR Ambedkar Univ., Rae Barelly Road, Lucknow