Environmental Science and Engineering CoursesEnquire Now
Environmental Science and Engineering is a branch of science which is rapidly becoming an important and popular field of study among students in India. Environmental Science and Engineering Courses is also known as Environmental Engineering science which is a multidisciplinary field of engineering science combining biological, chemical and physical sciences with the field of engineering.
Courses in this field have gained immense popularity in the past few years as students in this industry have received lucrative job opportunities and extra benefits that have helped them grow professionally as well as personally. The different types of fields that this type of study course includes are:
- Ocean Engineering
There is a highly rewarding scope after one obtains a degree in Environmental Science and Engineering courses. The courses available in this discipline are introduced for both graduates as well as post graduates. Programs provide awareness among the issues like the provision of clean and reliable water supplies, flood forecasting and protection, development of renewable and non-renewable energy sources.
The prominent Environmental Science and Engineering are:
- B.Sc environmental science- 3 years
- M.S.C (Environmental Science), Duration: 2 years, Eligibility: B.S.C in environmental science, zoology, botany, phy or chem.
- PG Diploma courses in Environment Management and Environmental Science
- B.E in Environmental Engineering, Eligibility: 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as their subjects.
- M.Tech in Environmental Science & Engineering, Duration: 2 years, Eligibility: B.E / B.Tech. in environmental or civil engineering
- M.Tech in Energy & Environment Management, Duration: 2 years, Eligibility: B.E / B.Tech. in environmental or civil engineering
- M.Tech (Environmental Engineering), Duration: 2 years, Eligibility: B.E / B.Tech. in environmental or civil engineering.
Colleges offering these courses are:
- University of delhi
- Jamia Milia Islamia
- University of Pune
- Delhi college of engineering
- Thapar institute of engineering & technology, Patiala
- Indian institute of technology, Chennai
- Regional engineering college, Trichurnapalli
- L.D College of engineering, Ahedabad
Scope after Environmental Science and Engineering Courses
Once you have obtained a degree in environmental science and engineering, there are countless job opportunities coming your way. An average salary of a student with Ph.D degree in environmental science and engineering can get INR 50,000- INR 75000 whereas a fresher with a graduate degree can give a kick start to his career with an average salary of INR 15,000- INR30,000.